Don Crowther covers a lot of information in this short course (under 3 hours). His approach fits more with a traditional marketing approach than with a social media focused approach. He covers all the basics and a variety of techniques. He does not cover promoting your brand on Pinterest. Overall, this training program is basic; he assumes the student is at a novice level in Internet marketing and social media. He does a good job of covering the approach you should take for marketing using any social media, not just Pinterest.
This course is ideal for:
The business owner who is a bit uncomfortable with marketing using social media and needs some principles to go by. Also the business owner who does not have a well-branded product or service, who is not looking for getting his/her brand identity to stand out. Also this is good for the affiliate marketer who is not married to a specific product or niche.
- Clearly covers the approach to marketing on any social media, including Pinterest
- Addresses exactly how to sell affiliate products on Pinterest
- All meat and to the point, he teaches a lot in a short time
- Many tactics to choose from, clearly explained
- He does not address promoting a brand at all. This is serious as brand visibility on Pinterest can be powerful. (At the same time, not all businesses have a brand.)
- PinIncome barely touches on SEO
- Many tactics, but no overarching strategy. Student is left with many worthwhile steps but no clear prioritization